As parents, we are always concerned about the physical and mental development of our children. We teach different physical activities such as dance and swimming, there is no doubt that all of them are the best for our children. But yoga is also very important for the physical and mental development of your children.
There is no doubt that how important yoga is for us and what are the benefits of yoga, therefore we must teach yoga to ourselves and our children, in this article we will explain yoga for children, which will help in the physical and mental development of children. It is very important for every parent to take care of such things.
A child does not need yoga skills to start practicing it. They just need to take a step, yoga may become automatically a part of their life. It keeps them active, balances their body, brain, and soul, and helps them focus on their life.
What are the benefits of yoga for children?
Yoga is a performance that teaches the ability to unify the physical, spiritual, and emotional aspects of a person and helps them reach inner peace and mind.
If your child begins yoga practices at his early age, then it might be best for his overall health. It helps children develop interpersonal relationships, stress management, and brainstorming, skills that can be useful in their adulthood.
Yoga can be helpful in dealing with many physical and emotional problems. It can be used as a tool to bring balance to life. Here below we have described the benefits of yoga for children, which you should know-
- Yoga improves children’s body balance, strength, and aerobic capacity.
- Yoga helps to reduce chronic pain such as muscle pain in children.
- It increases the quality of sleep in children.
- Yoga can reduce the release of stress hormones such as cortisone, and is, therefore, effective in reducing stress, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Yoga works on the child’s classroom behavior, meditation, and educational performance.
- It improves the quality of life by bringing emotional balance in children, as yoga is a non-competitive activity.
- Helps children improve flexibility, mood, and self-regulation skills.
- Yoga asanas help increase the flexibility of the spine.
- Yogasanas boost the capacity of shoulders, wrists, chest, and lungs.
- The practice of Yogasan makes excellent work for the heart chakras and also the Manipur Chakra.
- It is also an effective asana in removing physical tightness throughout the body.
- It gives you emotional as well as physical energy.
- Yoga helps improve blood circulation as well as the immune system.
- The body fat of children is also reduced by yoga.
Though, there are innumerable benefits of doing yoga. Get your children started with the basic posture and make them realize the beauty of practicing yoga. There are various styles of yoga, including body postures, breathing exercises, and meditation.
Therefore, while teaching yoga to children, you can consider teaching them yoga by a yoga guru and or initially make it interesting for them at home, so that they become aware of yoga.
Yoga for Children
Once you give them an interest in yoga, they will automatically get inspired to learn yoga and will consider doing yoga in their life.
You should also convince your child that they can attain the benefits of yoga over time, and to achieve this, they need to practice it regularly.
To start yoga, here are 12 Yoga poses for Kids, which you can try to teach your children.
12 Effective Yoga Poses For Kids
Well, kids are kids, so we are going to tell some easy and effective yogas poses or activities for our little ones and this activity can be practiced by the preschool for the physical and mental benefit to the children.
According to science, each person has a unique style of learning so that you can modify the yoga sequence according to the children’s learning patterns.
Yoga does not require a huge space or elaborate equipment. This can be done successfully in the garden, home, or school with just a yoga mat.
Note: Children should always practice yogas as a guide or teach them the art of yoga under the guidance of a yoga guru.
1. Sukhasana Yoga (Easy Pose) is beneficial for children
Potential benefits: This is good yoga for your children’s back, thighs, and hips, these knees
and stretches the legs and helps reduce anxiety and stress.
2. Vriksasana Yoga (Tree Pose) is beneficial for children
Potential benefits: It improves children’s balance and concentration, stretching the legs and
chest makes the thigh muscles strong, strengthening the calves and ankles.
3. Tadasana yoga (Mountain Pose) is beneficial for children
Possible benefits: It improves baby posture. strengthens thighs, legs, and ankles, tightens the abdomen and hips; Improves sleep.
4. Shavasana yoga (Corpse Pose) is beneficial for children
Potential benefits: It keeps the heart rate and blood pressure low in children, reduces muscle tension, corrects low metabolic rate, Helps reduce insomnia, anxiety, and fatigue, improves productivity, memory, and concentration.
5. Setu Bandhasana yoga (Bridge Pose) is beneficial for children
Possible benefits: Stretch and open the shoulders, thighs, hips, and chest part, strengthens the back and hamstrings, increases the flexibility of the spine.
6. Balasana Yoga (Child Pose) is beneficial for children
Possible benefits: This asana provides stretch to the children’s body and opens the hips, thighs, and inner waist, stretches the spine, strengthens arms and shoulders.
7. Veerasana Yoga (Hero Pose ) is beneficial for children
Potential benefits: Stretches the spine, quadriceps, and shoulders, improves blood circulation and relieves fatigue of foot pain, improves digestion and posture.
You might also learn more about yoga poses by joining yoga school in Rishikeshto go in-depth knowledge of yoga asanas.
8.Bhujangasana Yoga (Cobra Pose) is beneficial for children
Potential benefits: Strengthens the spine; Stretches the chest, shoulders, abdomen, and buttocks, stimulates abdominal organs and relieves fatigue and tension, maybe good for managing breathing problems like asthma.
9. Marjariasana Yoga (Cat Pose) is beneficial for children
Potential Benefits: Helps to relax and stretch the spine, neck, torso, and abdominal organs.
10. Dhanurasana Yoga (Bow Pose) is beneficial for children
Possible benefits: Strengthens and tones the back, shoulders, chest, and legs, brings flexibility to the hip, and controls the digestive system.
11. Navasana Yoga (Boat Pose) is beneficial for children
Possible benefits: It strengthens the core, arm muscles, shoulders, and thighs in children, it is very good for the liver and kidneys, it helps reduce constipation and reduces digestive problems.
12. Titli Asana Yoga (Butterfly Pose) is beneficial for children
Possible benefits: This asana gives a good stretch to the thighs, knees, and hips, regulates bowel movement, for girls, helps in easy and painless menstruation.
The daily routine of yoga will make your child more disciplined and focused on their activity and gives them the strength to face stress.
Related Blog:- Breathing Yoga is quite Effective for the Body
Initially start one or two yoga poses with your children to practice, and then you can motivate them to try more and more as they will automatically get used to practicing and become aware of yoga. We will think about doing many yogas.
Although, by joining 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, you can also become a certified yoga teacher or trainer.
Hope after knowing all these Yoga poses, you will never have to say what is Yoga poses for children.